logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problems with gmapi-builder

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Fri Jun 3 08:00:58 BST 2011

Hi maning,

The following should be the correct command line:

On Jun 3, 2011, at 7:34, maning sambale wrote:

> python gmapi-builder.py -v -t for_mapsource/40000001.tdb -b
> for_mapsource/40000001.img -s for_mapsource/MINIMAL.TYP -i
> for_mapsource/40000001.mdx -m for_mapsource/40000001_mdr.img
> for_mapsource/*.img

The error which is being reported is caused by an unknown sequence of bytes at the end of the 40000001.tdb. However the .gmapi file seems to be compiled correctly despite this. I was able to install and view the resulting map.

So the error appears (at least superficially) to be harmless.

Can you try and see if the .gmapi file works for you and your users? If so, you could simply remove the -v option from the command line, and the error will not be reported.

In case anyone is interested, this is the series of bytes at the very end of the tdb file which cause the problem:

00 00 E4 00 00 00 00 00 00 56 00 00 A9 00 00 00
00 D5 00 00

This comes after the information for the last img file.

Cheers.