logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index with Greek names (PATCH) -> MDR_TRIM_SC.CXX-808-6.16.3.0

From Peter Lerner peter at lerner.de on Wed Jun 1 20:36:24 BST 2011

Steve,

I tested the greek_index patch patch only. I assumed it was an
alternative to the translit_first patch. Was it? Or should it accumulate?

First thing with the greek_index patch, should be to add the
forceUppercase()-method definition to the Transliterator interface to be
able to compile the src.

public interface Transliterator { .....
	public void forceUppercase(boolean uc); }

BTW: I'm proud I finally got Eclipse, SVN and the jdk toolchain running!
;-))

Second, we now have a kind of "differentiated" mapsource behaviour.

- pan and zoom: OK
- select tiles: OK
- idx creation: OK now with all tiles
- map aggreg. : OK with a few tiles
                 CRASH with a few more tiles
                 ERROR with many tiles

Here are the figures / messages of my tests:

#tiles est.Size	Message / Error
  619	3,72 GB	Size of mapset ca. 3810,3 MB, on SDCard only 7781,8 MB
available. Try again with fewer tiles.

  456	2,74 GB	Size of mapset ca. 2806,3 MB, on SDCard only 7781,8 MB
available. Try again with fewer tiles.

  216	1,2 GB	Size of mapset ca. 1230,8 MB, on SDCard only 7781,8 MB
available. Try again with fewer tiles.

  74	525,9 MB MDR_TRIM_SC.CXX-808-6.16.3.0
  49	346,3 MB MDR_TRIM_SC.CXX-808-6.16.3.0
  29	199,8 MB map aggregation OK

1st column = number of selected tiles in Mapsource
2nd column = estimated size displayed in Mapsource when selecting tiles
3rd column = error / crash message, look at the sizes!!

Seems like Mapsource's book-keeping of mapsizes got a little bit out of
sync with the patch.

With a few less tiles we trigger another TRIM-error in mapsource.
It changed from ADDR to SC(?).

MDR_TRIM_ADDR.CXX-440-6.16.3.0 -> MDR_TRIM_SC.CXX-808-6.16.3.0

Only with very few tiles (#29 in my test) I could transfer the map to my
SD-Card.

Peter