logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap hangs forever with --link-pois-to-ways --route

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Jun 1 13:20:26 BST 2011

Hi

> It's happening with all versions up today beginning from r1867.
> I haven't tested older versions yet since I don't have jar files.

It is another manifestation of the bug described here:

http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2011q2/011591.html

In this case the road name causing the problem is: 'Continental Divide
NST'. This name seems to be mostly used on nodes, so is being
transferred to the way by the link-pois-to-ways option.  I don't know if
that is expected behaviour.

I'm not sure what to do about the problem as I don't know how essential
joining up the roads with the same name is. If it isn't required then we
should probably just not do it when the number of such roads is large.

..Steve