logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mapsource Error MDR_TRIM_ADDR.CXX-440-6.16.3.0

From Peter Lerner peter at lerner.de on Thu May 26 23:01:04 BST 2011

Steve,

> Thanks, that's great. It may take a while to work out what the problems
> is. Do you have an mdr file that a bit smaller that still works completely?

I'm still on the follwing Mapsource upload problem.

- pan and zoom: OK
- select tiles: OK
- idx creation: CRASH at ca. 14%

After some extended testing I could narrow down the problem to
only *two* tiles causing the problem and make it reproducable!
I'm using mkgmap r1949 meanwhile.

70014464.img -- XK-Pristina (according to cities15000-file)
70014652.img -- BG-Sofice

The picture is the following:

a) I can upload both tiles each individually to my GPS without problems.
b) Both tiles in combination cause the problem.

That means to me that I need to do some further investigation:

i) The problem could be caused by splitter doing some nasty things on
both tiles in combination that makes idx creation fail.

ii) The problem could be with .img tile creation. Some idx related data
is incompatible across the two tiles (duplicated ids, inconsistent ids,
etc ...).

iii) The problem could be with the original OSM data that contains a
situation that mkgmap can not handle. Anybody else experienced Mapsource
problems in the Macedonia / Greece  (Skopje / Thessaloniki) area?

I need some hints on what and how I could proceed with my testing.
What is your opinion / your experience?

I'm sure the problem exists also with some other tile pairs. Because i
tried to exempt the above mentioned two problematic tiles from idx
creation and select the rest (while respecting the current 4 GB
restrivtion in Mapsource). The upload also failed. So this means to me
that the problem is not a singular one restricted to only the above
mentioned tile combination.

Peter