logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Locator_Branch. All POI miss names if they are not present in resolution 24

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed May 25 22:20:57 BST 2011

On 25.05.2011 22:49, WanMil wrote:
>> Found another bug in the locator branch. If you create a POI like
>> amenity=subway_entrance [0x45 resolution 24 continue]
>> amenity=subway_entrance [0x11100 resolution 23-22]
>>
>> The name is missing from the POI in resolution 23-22.
> How did you test that?
>
> I tried to use the following points style file with the trunk and with
> the locator:
> amenity=restaurant { name '${name} 24' } [0x2a01 resolution 24 continue]
> amenity=restaurant { name '${name} 22' } [0x2e05 resolution 23-22]
>
> 0x2e05 should be the pharmacy code.
>
> In both cases (trunk and locator) I could only see restaurants with name
> "XXX 24" but no pharmacies (or any other POI) with name "XXX 22". I
> don't know if that's the expected behaviour for the trunk.
> But I can see no difference between locator and trunk.
Ups big sorry. I just found it seems to have nothing to do with mkgmap,
but that Mapsource does not show the name on the Popup for 0x11??? POI
types except in resolution 24. Very strange, will try to find out how to
solve this.....