logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] Diff for precompiled boundary tiles

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun May 15 17:16:25 BST 2011

I have committed a program that compiles a diff for the coverage of
boundaries in the boundary tiles.

Start it with:
java -cp mkgmap.jar
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.osm.boundary.BoundaryDiff <boundsdir1>
<boundsdir2>

The diff is created as a set of gpx files that shows removed areas
(contained in boundsdir1 but not boundsdir2) and new areas (contained in
boundsdir2 but not boundsdir1).

You can also limit the check to special tag=value combinations:
java -cp mkgmap.jar
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.osm.boundary.BoundaryDiff <boundsdir1>
<boundsdir2> admin_level=2 admin_level=6

I know that this is a bit off topic for mkgmap but it is an easy
spin-off product and I think it might explain questions like: "my street
is not assigned a city using the new boundaries download. why?".

WanMil