logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error on MapSource with r1919

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sat May 7 14:57:14 BST 2011

Hi

> Sorry, the complete europe map still seems to trigger some limits.
>
> It's again the mdr.img being>240MB. I uploaded the faulty file to the
> mkgmap website. Here is the debug output ...

OK, thanks for that.

> One more thought: the limit of 240 MB looks like the least siginifcant 4
> bits of some limiting variable are masked out somehow,
> 256 - 16 = 240!?

Interesting...

> Another thoght: Before r1919 the Europe map was working for me. What did
> change with r1919 or later?

I started using the formula in:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_Block_Addressing#CHS_conversion

instead of just guessing how it works.

Also there were attempts to increase the max size, followed by setting
the max size based on the actual size.  Most of these changes have
mostly worked, but not for someone.

> Is there a tool for download to analyse the imgfmt-structure?

For the disk header I use: http://sourceforge.net/projects/garmin-img/
The header is the first thing written so there is no need to let it
run to completion on a large file, nor worry if it crashes after
writing the *DSKIMG* file out.  I use a patched version (patch attached
against 1.1).

For almost everything else there is a program in
http://svn.mkgmap.org.uk/display/trunk/ that will print the sections.

..Steve