logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] continue statement and order of drawn ways?

From MarkS OSM at redcake.co.uk on Wed May 4 19:00:35 BST 2011

On 04/05/2011 16:11, Torsten Leistikow wrote:
> MarkS schrieb am 03.05.2011 22:58:
>> Would something like this work?
>>
>> highway=motorway [0x01 road_class=4 road_speed=7 level 6 continue]
>> highway=motorway&  oneway=yes   [0x10f01 level 6]
>> highway=motorway&  oneway!=yes   [0x10f02 level 6]
>>
>> Then style 0x01 with no style (so nothing is drawn) - 0x01 would be used
>> for the routing information.
>>
>> Then style 0x10f02 as plain motorway and 0x10f01 as motorway with arrows.
>
> The problem is, that the oneway overlay is not only to motorways. So you would
> need two line styles for motorways, two linestyles for primaries, ...
>
> And if you want to add overlays for access restrictions, speed  limits or what
> ever, th enumber of line styles required is growing exponentially.
>
> Gruss
> Torsten
I have seen a map which goes for another approach. That version used a
single line/style for the motorway itself.

They then added a second line/style for oneway roads. This second style
looked a bit like an arrow but with a transparent bit down the middle so
only the edges of the arrow head were visible. This reasulted in the
arrow heads sitting outside the normal road and working whatever the the
draw order.

The drawback on this approach was that the road lines all needed to be a
similar width, and it wasn't as pretty as arrows in the middle of the road.