logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Talk-de] continue statement and order of drawn ways?

From charlie at cferrero.net charlie at cferrero.net on Wed May 4 09:07:32 BST 2011

Minko (ligfietser at online.nl) wrote:

> Maybe the word 'transparent' is a bit confusing. With transparent I
> don't mean to omit line type 0x01 from the typ files at all. Like
> Henning said, you have to use a bitmap pattern without colours
> (=transparent) in the TYP file. On top of this, you use another
> bitmap with an arrow in the middle, for highways with oneway. This
> has to be a non routable line to avoid problems. For highways
> without oneway, you use another line type with a solid colour.
>
> This  isn't stupid, it works, only if you know what you are doing.

The only thing to watch out for is what your GPS uses when it pops up
a routing instruction.  On mine, it shows the routeable lines.  When I
set routeable lines as transparent in the TYP file, then the GPS
ignores the transparency and used a 1px grey line instead, which was a
bit confusing.  It would be even worse if it just displayed the roads
transparently as the routing instruction would just show a routing
arrow, and no roads.

In the end, I set the routeable way as a thinner version of the
"display" road, using the same colouring.  This way, when browsing the
map you see the display road (because it's wider), but when the
routing instruction pops up you see road styles that correspond to the
overall map style, rather than thin grey lines.

--
Charlie