logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] Europe boundary data for download

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Wed May 4 08:59:12 BST 2011

On May 2, 2011, at 21:46, WanMil wrote:

> So r1935 has fixed the bug. The compiled boundaries need not be
> downloaded again. Additionally I committed the changes in the trunk up
> to r1932.

So far my tests with r1935 have been quite good.

I do have one issue though: when I send the maps to a GPS device (Nüvi or eTrex), if there are several towns with the same same, the GPS device will only list one.

Example: Walldorf in Germany. There is a Walldorf in Gross-Gerau, Rhein-Neckar-Kreis, and Schmalkalden-Meiningen. The GPS allows only Walldorf, Schmalkalden-Meiningen to be selected. The streets of the "other" Walldorf seem to be listed under this Walldorf, but the GPS cannot display them on the map.

- The addresses are found correctly using Basecamp for Mac OS.

- I send the maps to my devices using Garmin's MapInstall for Mac OS.

Can anyone reproduce this?

Cheers.