logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] continue statement and order of drawn ways?

From MarkS OSM at redcake.co.uk on Tue May 3 21:58:38 BST 2011

On 03/05/2011 21:13, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
> On Tue, May 03, Torsten Leistikow wrote:
>
>> Thorsten Kukuk schrieb am 03.05.2011 20:53:
>>> But with both statements, the arrow is always drawn below the street.
>>> Is it somehow possible to have the arrow on top of the street?
>>
>> The drawing order of the lines in a single map is not really understood and can
>> not be set via the style file.
>
> Ok, thanks. That was the impression I got meanwhile, too.
>
>> For such tasks I use multiple map layers (base layer + overlay layer), the
>> display order of the complete maps can be defined via mkgmap command line
>> parameter (draw-priotrity)
>
> I'm working already with several overlay layers, too. I wanted to avoid
> to create yet another one, but looks like that's the way to go.
>
> Thorsten
Would something like this work?

highway=motorway [0x01 road_class=4 road_speed=7 level 6 continue]
highway=motorway & oneway=yes   [0x10f01 level 6]
highway=motorway & oneway!=yes   [0x10f02 level 6]

Then style 0x01 with no style (so nothing is drawn) - 0x01 would be used
for the routing information.

Then style 0x10f02 as plain motorway and 0x10f01 as motorway with arrows.