logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] Separate boundary files

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sat Apr 30 12:43:48 BST 2011

> On Apr 30, 2011, at 8:51, navmaps wrote:
>
>> The European boundaries compiled by WanMil are available for download:
>> http://www.navmaps.eu/wanmil/europe_bounds_20110429.zip
>
> Thanks for uploading the file.
>
> Regarding the boundary function, when I compile, I notice a few errors in the log file for bounds_2050000_100000.bnd:
>
> 2011/04/30 10:29:20 SEVERE (BoundaryUtil): 94000001.osm.gz: Cannot load boundary file bounds/bounds_2050000_100000.bnd: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 250
>
> Is there a bad character compiled into this file?
>
> It seems to function correctly otherwise.
>
> Cheers.

I've seen such an error too but I couldn't find out what's the real
problem.

When I run the BoundaryFile2Gpx on this file everythings ok.
I have two ideas:
1. Maybe the boundary utils are not thread safe. Do you use more than
one thread?
2. The file format for each boundary starts with the boundary rect and
then the size that must be skipped to reach the next boundary. This is
used to load only those boundaries which intersects the tile. Maybe
there is a problem in this size information. I will check that.

WanMil