logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] Separate boundary files

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sat Apr 30 10:25:51 BST 2011

I have tried locator v1928 with the uploaded europe-boundaries but still no success. In Mapsource about 45/80 of the random streets that I tested had no placename. In all those cases mkgmap-locator-r1915.jar could find a matching placename. If I look to those places that could be matched with a placename, and I enter the placename on the GPS, the streets show up in a list but if I choose that street no location can be found. I can only find that location by skipping the placename and enter the streetname directly. With the other 50% (streets with no location in Mapsource) they are not searchable at all on the GPS. With r1915 most of the streets were found, even on the GPS.

I also examined the logfile. This street couldn't be found with a matching place (Tilburg)
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/77208790 (locator 1928 can't find not just one street in Tilburg, a big city, locator 1915 finds many streets there)

In the logfile I found these messages:

Added tag mkgmap:admin_level2 = NLD to [name=Cyprespad,highway=pedestrian,mkgmap:admin_level2=NLD
Added tag mkgmap:admin_level4 = Noord-Brabant to [name=Cyprespad,highway=pedestrian,mkgmap:admin_level2=NLD,mkgmap:admin_level4=Noord-Brabant

Nothing more, no admin_level 8 and 10 are matched.

One example of a street that could be matched in Mapsource with a placename:

Added tag mkgmap:admin_level8 = Gilze en Rijen to [name=Gerardus Majellastraat,mkgmap:admin_level8=Gilze en Rijen,highway=unclassified
Added tag mkgmap:admin_level10 = Hulten to [name=Gerardus Majellastraat,mkgmap:admin_level8=Gilze en Rijen,highway=unclassified,mkgmap:admin_level10=Hulten
Added tag mkgmap:admin_level2 = NLD to [name=Gerardus Majellastraat,highway=unclassified,mkgmap:admin_level2=NLD
Added tag mkgmap:admin_level4 = Noord-Brabant to [name=Gerardus Majellastraat,highway=unclassified,mkgmap:admin_level2=NLD,mkgmap:admin_level4=Noord-Brabant

If I enter "Hulten" on the GPS, the streetname "Gerardus Majellastraat" shows up in the list of streetnames, but if I click on it, no location can be found.
If I skip the placename, and enter directly the name Gerardus Majellastraat, the location can be found.