logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] Boundary file GPX converter

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Apr 29 19:15:38 BST 2011

> Hi Wanmil,
> I extracted bounds_2400000_200000.bnd, found a lot of gpx files in admin_level=10, and searched for a 'problematic' relation r297049, which I found there:
> 10_r297049_o_0.gpx Opened it and nothing seems wrong with it. And yet there is not one street within this relation that is matched with the place name. It's not clear what to do with those gpx files.

Minko,

the GPX files are a first tool for debugging what happens. If you see
that a given relation 297049 is in the .bnd file and covers the correct
area than the problem must be elsewhere in the code.

Now you might start with the logfile of mkgmap. Set the log level of the
class uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.osm.LocationHook to FINE. You will
get a really big logfile in which all assignments of the
mkgmap:admin_levelX tags are logged. Unfortunately the element ids are
not logged but the tags of the ways. So you might search for the name of
your street in the logfiles.

WanMil