logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] Separate boundary files

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Wed Apr 27 17:51:14 BST 2011

> Just run a small test, if I dont specify boundsdirectory, mkgmap complains about no boundary directory found.
> I got a few 'file not found messages' but I think they were caused by the fact that I ran osmosis with a bounding box that was too small (didnt want to process whole europe). The first results look very good. Seems that with this method a lot of issues are solved, like places are now in the correct Province and Country, and streets that once had no assigned place name can now be located. Thanks Wanmil, you have done an excellent job!

Your results sounds fine!
What do you say about performance? I was a bit disappointed about memory
consumption and processing time. This has to be investigated and improved.

I will have a look on your boundsdirectory error message. I would not
expect it if you put the files in a subdirectory named bounds. But I
didn't test it and the code is still in a prototype stage. So lot's of
things to do :-)

WanMil