logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Tile splitter and merged maps?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Apr 27 15:05:14 BST 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 02:48:03PM +0100, Adrian wrote:
>I worked around this problem, but it is not at all convenient. You
>create the output file in uncompressed .osm format. This can result in
>a large file. Then you edit the file with a hexadecimal editor, because
>it will be too large to edit with a text editor.

Another option would be to pipe it through a stream editor, such as sed,
awk or perl. I did that at one point in my osm2img.sh, for two tasks:
moving the coastline endpoints outside the tile borders, and removing
broken multipolygons generated by a bot. The broken multipolygons have
since then been fixed, and when switching to osm.pbf, I worked around
the coastline endpoint problem by choosing my tile borders carefully.

	Marko