logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Tile splitter and merged maps?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Apr 27 08:50:19 BST 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:14:14AM +0300, Dominik Röttsches wrote:
>Can I tell the splitter to ignore the map's bounding box altogether and
>find its own? Any other ideas how to make it take into account the
>whole merged map?

Can you split each extract separately and then tell mkgmap to produce a
map from the tiles generated by the three splitter runs?

IIRC, I tried producing a combined map of finland.osm.bz2 and
estonia.osm.bz2 in 2009, when I visited Tallinn. It sort of worked, but
routing did not work in Tallinn. I did not investigate or experiment
further. It could also have been due to bad map data; I only keep
Finland tidy. :-) In 2010, I loaded just the Estonian map and then just
a small area where I moved, for adding some pedestrian crossings and
sidewalks and the like.

You could use my hand-made areas.list for Finland. It tries hard to get
a nice generate-sea. It also avoids splitting the Lake Päijänne
multipolygon. One of your tile borders slices the lake. The tile border
should be a little more west near the line Jämsä-Kuhmoinen-Padasjoki.

Best regards,

	Marko