logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] Separate boundary files

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Mon Apr 25 22:13:28 BST 2011

On 25.04.2011 23:06, Clinton Gladstone wrote:
> On Apr 25, 2011, at 19:21, WanMil wrote:
>
>> I have committed changes to the locator branch which implements the
>> usage of separate precompiled splitted boundary files.
> This seems like a quite plausible approach. I'll try it out.
>
> By the way, for others who attempt this, there were a few typos in WanMil's original osmosis command line. The following seems to be working for me:
>
> osmosis --rb europe.osm.pbf --tf accept-ways boundary=admistrative --tf accept-relations boundary=administrative --used-node --wx europe-boundaries.osm

Could someone just upload the boundaries after extracting them -
(without any other need than CCBYSA 2.0 Openstreetmap & Contributors, so
that using them needs no separate mention).

Is this only for country boundaries, or also relevant for all other
boundaries like states, cities and so on..