logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Idea: map layers (multiple output tiles per input tile)

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Apr 16 10:33:37 BST 2011

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 12:23:03AM +0300, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>I think that 2.5 minutes for these simple layers is too much. Because
>the processing time per layer did not vary much, no matter how much data
>was generated (13312 bytes .img of ferry routes, 986624 bytes of bus
>routes), I would guess that parsing is dominating the execution time,
>and the processing time would reduce from N*2.5 minutes to about 2.5
>minutes if we implemented a 'multiple output tiles from one input tile'
>feature.

With --ignore-builtin-relations, the time reduces to N*2 minutes, give
or take a couple of seconds per layer. I will next try how I could
generate multiple type=route relation tiles at once (split by route=*),
using a single parsing stage.

	Marko