logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] via ways (rather than nodes) in restrictions

From Nakor nakor.osm at gmail.com on Sun Apr 3 14:00:44 BST 2011

On 04/03/2011 12:53 AM, Charlie Ferrero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently via ways are not used by mkgmap to generate turn restrictions.
>    Is this a limitation in the mkgmap code base, or a fault of the
> underlying Garmin routing data model?  If the former, are there any
> plans to add support for via ways?

This is possible. I submitted a preliminary patch a long time a go but
it did not work (i.e. stopped mkgmap with an exception) if the via way
got split at some point for routing purposes.

It is still on my (long) to do list to look into it again but if someone
else is interested I can dig up what I have.

   Thanks,

N.