logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search issues

From Martin mkmap at snailrun.de on Thu Mar 31 22:07:51 BST 2011

Hello

I know there where some discussions about this topic before. I'm using the locator branch r1892.
While the splitting-process the boundaries are broken and so some streets could not be found.
I tried to fix this problem by opening the single  tiles in JOSM, complete the boundaries, process the tiles again with the splitter and create the map. A very annoying job, but now I can find streets, which I could not found before. So two questions: Are you planning to fix this problem in the splitter (maybe as an option). And my second question: Will be the locator-option fully integrated into mkgmap permanently or not. Actually it's the only way to make street-searchable maps for Germany (with the normal version you only can find the streets in the suburb of a city).
Cheers
Martin