logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search issues

From Bartosz Fabianowski bartosz at fabianowski.eu on Tue Mar 29 19:14:33 BST 2011

Sorry to be providing insights piecemeal... but I just found another thing:

In Ireland, search actually fails on a street-by-street basis:

* If a street has no ref, it can be found
* If a street has a ref that comes after its name, alphabetically, it
can be found
* If a street has a ref that comes *before* its name, alphabetically,
the street is *not* found.

So, in Ireland, the sort order seems to break individual streets. In
Italy, I found that search was totally broken once a single street
exhibiting the above problem was present in the map. I cannot explain
the difference... but either way, the above points to a bug that should
affect many countries (probably all countries).

- Bartosz