logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sensible resolutions - (or patch 5)

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Mar 26 08:26:24 GMT 2011

Hi Felix,

>>More bad news: After the additional splitting, my gmapsupp.img grew to
>>94 MB. Without the added levels and the splitting, it would be about
>>80 MB. The baseline (without the patch and splitting), it would be
>>about 82 MB. I think that the growth is unacceptable.

I accidentally generated the extra-split map with today's data, using
the patch for lines and polygons (but not options). The resulting
gmapsupp.img is 83 MB. Without the extra splitting, it was 80 MB
yesterday. If we assume that the map has not changed much between
yesterday and today, the two extra levels would cost 11 MB, or more than
10%. If we include the "collateral damage" of additional splitting, it
really is 14 MB, or 18% additional file size.

Would you approve the attached patch?

	Marko