logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sensible resolutions - (or patch 5)

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Mar 25 21:01:25 GMT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 07:11:05PM +0200, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>>>I did not test adding the levels 19 and 21 yet.
>
>Bad news: Adding just one level would blow up some limit. My largest
>tile .img is about 20 megabytes. Time to split my tiles again, I guess.

More bad news: After the additional splitting, my gmapsupp.img grew to
94 MB. Without the added levels and the splitting, it would be about
80 MB. The baseline (without the patch and splitting), it would be about
82 MB. I think that the growth is unacceptable.

My revised patch is attached, including the changes to the options,
which I am reluctant to apply. If you have no objections, I would like
to commit the changes to polygons and lines.

Best regards,

	Marko