logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sensible resolutions - (or patch 5)

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Mar 25 17:11:05 GMT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 05:09:19PM +0100, Felix Hartmann wrote:
>>I did not test adding the levels 19 and 21 yet.

Bad news: Adding just one level would blow up some limit. My largest
tile .img is about 20 megabytes. Time to split my tiles again, I guess.

>you may lower secondary_link and tertiary_link to resolution 21, but I
>would not lower tertiary to 21. It is best at 20 as otherwise
>incomplete "networks" happen.

Well, broken networks are a matter of fact for bicycling already. In
bicycling, I favor highway=residential and highway=path, and they won't
be visible at useful zoom levels. But I got your point; I will only
lower the links. I guess I could lower primary_link and trunk_link too.
The link roads are not that long anyway.

	Marko