logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sea (or lakes) issue

From Nakor nakor.osm at gmail.com on Wed Mar 23 17:56:04 GMT 2011

Hello,

I have a tile out of splitter which covers the area
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?minlon=-81.342773&minlat=41.220703&maxlon=-79.497070&maxlat=43.330078&box=yes
. I did not find yet any option to have the lakes (delimited by
natural=coastline) rendered properly. I tried various generate-sea
options but did not get the expected result.

With no --generate sea I get only parts of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
with water (I guess because there are some water=* polygons in those
particular places)
With extends-sea-sector, MapSource crashes
With multipolygons or no-sea-sectors, both lakes are OK but Ontario is
flooded
With polygons the whole tile is flooded

What options should I use to get it right?

   Thanks,

N.