logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search issues

From Bartosz Fabianowski bartosz at fabianowski.eu on Mon Mar 21 21:55:22 GMT 2011

Thanks for that. I did some further investigation together with Dermot,
another OSMer. Your map of Turin and my map of Italy behave in exactly
the same way: Address search works on an Oregon but fails on two
different Vista HCx devices.

So there is something in the maps that mkgmap produces which Oregons are
happy to live with but that trips up Vistas.

Dermot has made a map of Ireland before that had working address search
both on his Oregon and his Vista. I will download ireland.osm.bz2 now
and give that a spin to check whether we have a regression.

- Bartosz