logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] share your outdoor/mtb/hiking styles and typ

From Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net on Sun Mar 20 13:09:36 GMT 2011

On 19/02/2011 07:23, maning sambale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to create an outdoor garmin map useful for hikers, MTB,
> mountaineers.  Care to share your typs and style code?

Hi,

I've completed the revamp to my styles.

There are two:

1) CF_GPS is designed to work with old GPS units (such as mine, the
GPSMap76csx) which do not display roads with borders properly
http://www.cferrero.net/maps/downloads/CF_GPS.zip

2) CF_Mapsource is much prettier and I use it in Mapsource.  People with
more modern GPS units may find it looks good on those too
http://www.cferrero.net/maps/downloads/CF_Mapsource.zip

Both styles are identical except for the lines file.

3) Both styles work with the same TYP file (but use different parts of it):
http://www.cferrero.net/maps/downloads/CFMaster.TYP

Obviously the family ID of the TYP file must be altered to match that of
the maps it is applied to.

The styles create routeable, single layer maps, with variable road
thicknesses depending on zoom.

Screenshots of the CF_Mapsource style in action are here:
http://www.cferrero.net/maps/screenshots_index.html

--
Charlie