logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New locator branch

From Martin Simon grenzdebil at gmail.com on Sun Mar 20 12:24:10 GMT 2011

2011/3/20 WanMil <wmgcnfg at web.de>:
> Yes. For this we need:
> * A preprocessing that converts the (complete) boundary file to a file
> format that allows to load parts only. This may be one file for each
> 1°x1° part.
> * mkgmap would have to load the relevant parts during tile processing.
> Each boundary area gets and unambigious id so we could merge them easily
> when a tile overlaps more than one 1°x1° boundary part.
> * The boundary information might be ignored while loading the tiles.
>
> The same algorithm can be reused for coastline processing.

Wouldn't it make sense for the splitter - if we already have this
boundary file - to  split "tiles" primarily by political boundaries
and only if one of them contains too many nodes, devide them by a
straight line?

I think I read on this list before that in theory, polygon-shaped
tiles are no problem in garmin format.

This would make it easier for mkgmap to assign the adress information
and a meaningful "name" per tile.

-Martin