logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing sea in northern Italy

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Fri Mar 18 05:37:07 GMT 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, Daniela Duerbeck wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am missing a part of the Ligurian Sea with my generated map. See:
> http://www.deltadelta.de/nmz/meer.png
>
> I downloaded today europe.osm.bz2 from geofabrik, cut out a part
> (--bounding-box top=50.5 left=8.0 bottom=42.0 right=14.0) with osmosis,
> used splitter version 123, mkgmap 1894 with --generate-sea=polygons. My
> style file draws land above the sea, so I have normally no problems with
> missing sea or flooding.
>
> Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Which IDs are you using? Looks like the problem I had when
I used the background ID 0x4b for land.
I have now:
- 0x4b background
- 0x32 sea
- 0x26 natural=land

And make sure that the order in the TYP file is the same.

  Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)