logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] NSIS installer improvements phase 2 v2

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Fri Mar 11 10:15:39 GMT 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, Minko wrote:

> Is that possible, different maps with the same FID and different PID?

Yes, as long as they have the same $REG_KEY.

> I thought only one Family ID can be used in Mapsource.

You cannot have different TYP or IDX/MDX files. Else yes, that's
working fine. I'm using this for my maps: The Basemap for every
country has a different FID with PID 1, and then I have different
layers like SRTM, Fixme, KeepRight with the same FID, but different
PID.
All are installed with the same $REG_KEY, so that the PID entries
are all together.
http://osm.thkukuk.de/ has my maps, but using a hacked installed script,
which uses Ralf Kleineisels idea with extracting the sub-img files from
gmapsupp.img with gmt.exe.
There's only one bug left, depending on the installation order, the
TYP file will be sometimes ignored.

  Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)