logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] searching for housenumbers

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu Mar 10 17:39:28 GMT 2011

I don't really see why all the work on matching country/city to streets
is necessary, as it should be enough if addresses via housenumbers that
are present in OSM as such (containing all needed infos) would be good
enough. Is there any knowledge on how house numbers are encoded in
garmin maps or not?

Once searching for housenumbers would be possible, I think it would not
take too long til people enter that data. Searching for streets as
streets could be reserved upon special calls in the style-file (e.g. for
hiking trails or cycle routes).