logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Encoding problems

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Mar 7 09:08:31 GMT 2011

HI

> is this something that can be worked around using different options or not ?
> which is the latest version that such characters are expected to work ?

I expect the latest version to work, but if it doesn't...

>>     Is this related to the fact that sort/cp1257.txt is not provided yet?
>>
>>     I'm NOT using --index option yet but using --lower-case and
>> --charset=windows-1257.

I would try --code-page=1257 instead of --charset

A quick check seems to show that --code-page still works, but if it
doesn't then since it fails with qlandkartegt and that is open-source
we should be able to work out what is going wrong.

I would not expect that the lack of a sort/cp1257.txt file would
affect anything that worked before, since there has never been any
special support for sorting names written with 1257 characters.

..Steve