logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1882: MapSource installer improvements

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Mon Mar 7 08:56:06 GMT 2011

On Mon, Mar 07, Tomas Straupis wrote:

> 2011-03-07 Marko Mäkelä:
> > Is there a "MapSource for dummies" for us poor Linux guys? I would like
> > to convert the output of mkgmap --index to the device gmapsupp.img
> > format, and I guess I would need MapSource under WINE for that. How
> > would that work?
>
>   Me too!
>   Especially the part of "transferring the map to device". Because
> launching MapSource via wine is ok, but later MapSource refuses to see
> any GPS device attached...

Haven't tried wine yet, will maybe do late, currently I'm still
using vmplayer, since I have some more "Windows only" tools
without Linux replacement.

But what for me normally works is: Insert a USB stick and
use that as "GPS device", afterwards copy the content to
the real GPS device.

  Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)