logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Recent crashes when searching on device

From charlie at cferrero.net charlie at cferrero.net on Sun Mar 6 06:11:41 GMT 2011

Thorsten Kukuk (kukuk at suse.de) wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 05, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> So the change that breaks it places two numbers that are associated
>> with the SRT and/or index file.
>>
>> On thinking about it for a bit it is easy enough to add the SRT file into
>> the gmapsupp and maybe that is all that is needed.
>>
>> Attached is a patch against trunk to add it to the gmapsupp.img file and
>> a pre-built mkgmap at http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/11/mkgmap.jar
>
> It's working fine or me, no crashes, citys are all available.
> Thanks for the work!
>
> Now I only need to find out why with random map builds the TYP
> file will not be used by the GARMIN device, while it is there :(
>
> That's something I only saw until now after the merge with the
> index branch and with some of the index branch build tests yesterday.
>
>   Thorsten

I know it's obvious, and may not be the cause of your problem, but in
my case *every* time the TYP has failed to be associated with the
gmapsupp.img is because either I had failed to put the TYP where it
should have been, or because it was open in another programme locked
for access, or because it had the wrong family ID.  Just a thought.

--
Charlie