logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Recent crashes when searching on device

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Wed Mar 2 12:43:37 GMT 2011

On Wed, Mar 02, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

> There have now been a few reports of problems searching on some
> devices with the latest version of mkgmap.
>
> It seems that it occurs when a gmapsupp.img is created directly
> by mkgmap and sent to the device. In other words the index itself
> has nothing to do with the problem, if this is correct.

I see this with --index and without --index. So yes, it looks like
the index itself has nothing to do with the problem.
Going back to mkgmap-r1866 solved the problem for both cases for me.

> So could people confirm that when they see crashes they are not
> installing via mapsource, and what GPS device they are using?

Yes, I'm not installing via mapsource, but copy the gmapsupp.img
file directly to the device. It's a GPSmap 62s. I can try
the 60CSx tonight, too, haven't done yet.

  Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)