logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Include the following patches into trunk -- Patch1 - Drop small Polygons

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Tue Mar 1 18:55:36 GMT 2011

Am 01.03.2011 19:47, schrieb Felix Hartmann:
> On 01.03.2011 19:44, Henning Scholland wrote:

>>> Ups forgot to say, I'm actually using it with a value of 15 and it seems
>>> to work pretty well with 15.
>> Wont it cause routing errors, if little highway-areas will be removed?
>>
>> Henning
> What do you mean by highway areas? I removes lines consisting of 1 point
> but but not on the routing nodes, but only on visual display. A 1point
> line cannot exist in resolution 24 but only in resolutions 23 down.
> Neither in Mapsource nor on GPS I can see a difference of removing 1
> point lines (yes there is a visual difference if removing polygons
> smaller than 15 pixels, but that usually makes the map better readable,
> 15 pixels is still tiny and causes rather a better readable map because
> small non identifiable crap gets removed).
I thought about small polygons with highway-tag. If these polygons gets
removed, there will be a gap. Or did I misunderstood your mail and these
polygons will only be removed from drawing but not from routing part of
the map?

Henning