logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] R1870 - Can't Search for Places by Name

From Paul paul at pointdee.co.uk on Tue Mar 1 14:20:34 GMT 2011

My very first post on this list entitled 'Garmin "Feature" or bug?'
(24/01/09)
(http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2009q1/000281.html)
describes a problem which seems to have re-surfaced. I updated to r1870
from a relatively recent version and re-compiled my maps using the same
set of options as I have for months only now I can no longer search for
place names. The problem is *exactly* as described previously but I
can't say definitively that it is since r1870 that this re-occurred.

For what it's worth I removed the basemap months ago and have had no
problems with searching for cities until now. If I try to search for
addresses then the list is just blank, even the auto-generated list of
nearby streets which also used to work

I generate my maps as below and simply copy/paste onto my 605

java -Xmx2048M -Dlog.config=$abspath/logging.properties -jar mkgmap.jar
--style-file=$stylefiles --index --check-roundabout-flares
--adjust-turn-headings --remove-short-arcs $driveon --check-roundabouts
--add-pois-to-areas --latin1  --gmapsupp --route --max-jobs
--code-page=1252 $specifics --family-id=1400 $mapid*.osm
$contours/*.osm CF1400.TYP

Thanks

Paul

P.S. Thanks Charlie for the TYP file