logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch] MapSource installer improvements v3

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Sun Feb 27 17:26:12 GMT 2011

On 27.02.2011 18:23, Nakor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Attached is the new (and hopefully final) version of the patch:
>
> * uses family name for directory name
> * map can now be uninstalled from "Add/Remove Programs" (WinXP) or
> "Programs and Features" (Vista/Win7)
> * uninstalls map if already installed
> * installer and license files are now generated from templates for
> easier maintenance
>
> As for checking MapSource/BaseCamp, .... I am wondering how much an
> issue it is to install a map while they are open (except from having
> to restart them to see the new map). My main concern here is that if
> we check if they are running, the files cannot be compiled with NSIS
> out of the box anymore but need a plug-in to be installed.
The problem may be, that even if another map is open, the mdr.img file
might not be writable. Change installer to first uninstall all maps
having the same FID from disk and including mdr.img. If any of theese
files cannot be deleted. Than unregister the old map, and don't install
the new map. That way it's safe.