logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] barriers

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Feb 26 13:22:39 GMT 2011

Hi Tomas,

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 12:39:24PM +0200, Tomas Straupis wrote:
>Current default map style in mkgmap does not depict barriers.
>Is there a reason for that or it was simply not added to "lines" file
>yet?

I guess that the reason is that the default style is supposed to be
useable with the "built-in TYP file" in various Garmin devices.

>barrier=wall [0x00 resolution 20]
>barrier=fence [0x00 resolution 20]

I do not see a 0x00 line type in resources/garmin_feature_list.csv. If
the recent discussion on line types 0x0d..0x13 is anything to go by, it
could be invisible on some devices and display as any type of a line,
depending on the device.

I guess that we should introduce a "default TYP file" and a
corresponding "rich" style.

Best regards,

	Marko