logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multipolygon problem

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Feb 25 22:36:39 GMT 2011

>> Torsten,
>>
>> I have no time at the moment to perform a deep check of that patch. So
>> unless some people on the list confirm that it doesn't harm I don't want
>> to commit that. I hope that's ok?!?
>>
>> WanMil
>>
> I have limited ability to compile patched versions of mkgmap. If you can
> share a jar file I can give it a test.
>
> --
> Charlie

I have bad news. Today I stumbled again over the problems of the
PolygonSplitter which left some polygons unclosed. I posted a patch for
this which did some cody tidy around polygons and fixed this.

But I also found out that some polygons that crosses the tile border
which are closed in the OSM data are not neccessarily closed in the
tiles. This has to be investigated.
Does the splitter ensure that all closed ways in the OSM dump are also
closed in the splitted tiles?

Unless this can be ensured I think it is no good to commit this patch.

WanMil