logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap and values with semicolon in it

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Thu Feb 24 23:57:15 GMT 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, Felix Hartmann wrote:

> I think the best approach would be to cut values of any keys/tags but
> name and ref (or having "name" or "ref" as part of their key ) at the
> semicolon for the lines and polygons file.
>
> As for the points file all values with ";" should be seperated and
> cloned. So for amenity=hotel;restaurant & name=abc create two POI one
> matching all rules of amenity=restaurant and the second matching all
> rules amenity=hotel.

Yes, I think that's the correct solution.

> Still everyone using semicolons should know that this tagging is
> potentially complicated and not usable and using semicolons is not good
> form of tagging.

The problem is that the current OSM API does not allow the
same key twice for a point. So there is no other possibility
then to use the ";". From what I found out with google, using
";" is more or less the official solution for this.

  Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)