logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Showing coastline with --generate-sea

From Bill Lancashire bill.lancashire at o2.co.uk on Wed Feb 23 22:04:49 GMT 2011

Bill Lancashire <bill.lancashire <at> o2.co.uk> writes:

> There was a mention some months ago during the active development of
> 'sea' generation that when '--generate-sea:no-mp' was used
> 'natural=coastline' cannot be displayed.
>
> I understand that a patch was developed to reinstate this.  Can this
> patch now be landed on the development 'trunck'.
>
> Bill.

My temporary solution to this issue has been to create an additional map layer
containing ONLY the element 'natural=coastline' and giving this layer a priority
higher than the main 'base layer' but lower than the 'contours' layer.  It seems
to work well but a patched mkgmap to overcome this problem would be better.