logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multipolygones and tags in outer line

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Tue Feb 22 18:38:43 GMT 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, Torsten Leistikow wrote:

> For a render the only way to decide, which tagging scheme is used by the mapper,
> is checking the tags in the relation. Is there any tag on the relation beside
> the "type=multipolygon", then second scheme is obviously used. If there is no
> other tag on the relation, then the first scheme is used.

I'm not that firm with releations and mkgmap yet and I cannot
remember that I have read something about how this could work.

Any reference about docu how this could be implemented in a
mkgmap style?

Reason: In Nuerenberg, nearly all multipolygons are using the
"old" style and are rendered wrong on a Garmin. While it could
be possible to fix the ones in Nuerenberg, it's impossible for
me to fx all.

  Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)