logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Contour lines in Mapsource (was Improved street search in index branch)

From Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net on Mon Feb 21 06:09:05 GMT 2011

On 21/01/2011 18:17, Felix Hartmann wrote:

> On 21.01.2011 15:12, charlie at cferrero.net wrote:
>> Minko (ligfietser at online.nl) wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>> Note that I don't put the line "mapname: 10010101.img"
>>> in the line above with "description: contourmap"
>>> because this causes that the contours dont show up in Mapsource.
>>> If I leave mapname etc out, it shows the contourlines.
>>>
>> No way! Is this why I can't get contour lines to display in MapSource
>> (even though I know they're there because I can see the contour
>> elevation labels)???  I'd given up on ever getting contours to work
>> properly in MapSource.  Prize for obscurest workaround of the year so
>> far if this works. ;)
>>

> Highly off topic:
> 1. Check: Countourlines have to have exactly the same resolution as
> normal maps (if normal maps 24,22,20,18 countourline maps have to be
> 24,22,20 (you can skip the 18) - if normal maps are 24,23,22,21,20 then
> well, your contourline maps need to be also 24,23,22,21,20 - as soon as
> you leave out a resolution they won't be displayed anymore)
> 2. Contourline maps have to have higher mapname.
>
> --- both is irrelevant if you use basecamp or on GPS, which always shows
> contourlines if inside same tdb. Problem is 1, in general contourlines
> work better if you have 23,21,20 as levels on GPS or for Qlandkarte GT.
> DEM3 data, is not good enough resolution to justify the 2x space /
> render requirements of res 23.)

Hmmm - tried this and it still doesn't work.  My contour style has
exactly the same levels as the base style, and the mapnames are higher.
  All I can see is the contour labels, but not the contours themselves
(see http://cferrero.net/maps/img/mkgmapdev_contourissue.png).  If I
just display the contour maps and not the basemap, it works as expected
(see http://cferrero.net/maps/img/mkgmapdev_contourissue2.png)

I'm using Mapsource 6.16.3, my base map has mapname 63247001 and the
contour tiles are 63247201-63247209, compiled with higher draw priority
and --transparent

The levels definition in both basemap and contours is
levels = 0:24, 1:23, 2:22, 3:20, 4:18, 5:16

--
Charlie