logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Generating sea

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Feb 18 16:02:41 GMT 2011

Josef,

I succeeded to track it down.
The change was introduced in r1730. But it was pure fortune that a
result which pleased you was created before r1730.
The sea generation algorithm tries to connect open coastlines when they
are closer than the specified gap size. But this depends on the order of
the coastlines in an internal list. The order was and is not defined in
any way but for this special tile it changed with r1730.

As a result: it's not a new bug. I will put it on my list if I can
modify the algorithm to create distinct results.

Have fun!
WanMil