logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Wed Feb 16 16:30:36 GMT 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with the mkgmap sr1846 I see now this java exception:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
>         at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(ByteBuffer.java:311)
>         at uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.sys.Directory.sync(Directory.java:176)
>         at uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.sys.ImgFS.sync(ImgFS.java:230)
>         at uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.sys.ImgFS.close(ImgFS.java:240)
>         at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.combiners.GmapsuppBuilder.onFinish(GmapsuppBuilder.java:119)
>         at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main.endOptions(Main.java:413)
>         at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.CommandArgsReader.readArgs(CommandArgsReader.java:126)
>         at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main.main(Main.java:127)

Ok, if I run the tile splitter with --max-nodes=700000, I get
this exception. But only for germany, haven't found any other
country. With --max-nodes=1000000, it's working fine. Only
problem: For some countrys, --max-nodes=1000000 is too much
and mkgmap will abort ...

Trying now IBM java 1.6.0, since I see heap corruption with SUN java
sometimes which I never saw before when I used IBM java. Only disadvantage
of IBM Java is, it is much slower (factor 6-10) than SUN java ...

Between, using gmt to create a gmapsupp.img always works fine, even
when mkgmap aborts with the above exception.

  Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)