logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Feb 16 10:07:04 GMT 2011

On 16/02/11 09:50, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with the mkgmap sr1846 I see now this java exception:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
>          at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(ByteBuffer.java:311)
>          at uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.sys.Directory.sync(Directory.java:176)
>          at uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.sys.ImgFS.sync(ImgFS.java:230)
>          at uk.me.parabola.imgfmt.sys.ImgFS.close(ImgFS.java:240)
>          at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.combiners.GmapsuppBuilder.onFinish(GmapsuppBuilder.java:119)
>          at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main.endOptions(Main.java:413)
>          at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.CommandArgsReader.readArgs(CommandArgsReader.java:126)
>          at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main.main(Main.java:127)
>

> Don't know if this is serious, at least the process finished
> and I get a map which works fine for my region. It's SUN Java 1.6.0_23-b05
>
> It this something introduced with the last mkgmap changes, something
> broken in the OSM file or a problem with my config?

This is happening during writing out the gmapsupp.img file. It is
unlikely that the file is complete even if it is slightly usable.

I don't know what causes it, there are several possibilities for example
if it is over 2G in size.

But the last time it was reported that was not the problem.

There was a recent thread here:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2011q1/010089.html

..Steve