logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Converting mkgmap generated maps to Mac format (was Index branch - success!)

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Tue Feb 15 17:21:49 GMT 2011

El 15/02/11 17:41, Dermot McNally escribió:
> I'm also having some problems with getting a map of mine into BaseCamp
> for MacOS. My source is a self-generated map made from ireland.osm
> (Geofabrik) with the latest index branch snapshot.
>
> I had to persevere before I managed to get the command line version of
> gmapibuilder from:
> http://svn.mkgmap.org.uk/mkgmap/trunk/scripts/gmapi-builder.py
>
> ...to do what I wanted. I have always use the GUI version until now. I
> started wtih a command line like this:
>
> python gmapi-builder.py -t osmmap.tdb -b osmmap.img -s dermot3.TYP -i
> osmmap.mdx -m osmmap_mdr.img 55555555.img
>
> This completed, and Garmin Map Manager copied the result into place,
> but BaseCamp failed to use it.
>
> But including the base map in the list of maps at the end of the
> command line produced something that BaseCamp will accept:
>
> python gmapi-builder.py -t osmmap.tdb -b osmmap.img -s dermot3.TYP -i
> osmmap.mdx -m osmmap_mdr.img osmmap.img 55555555.img
>
> The problem is, Basecamp still claims that the map lacks address
> information, so I'm out of ideas. Can anybody see a snag with what
> I've done?
>
> Dermot

Using latest script from Clinton Gladstone with a similar command line
as yours I've seen osmmap_mdr.img is not included in the resulting files
tree. Maybe this is the reason for the address information complain.