logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index branch - success!

From maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com on Mon Feb 14 02:00:15 GMT 2011

My report using mkgmap-index-r1850.jar.

Args file:

code-page=1252
tdbfile
latin1
country-abbr=PHL
country-name=PHILIPPINES
remove-short-arcs=5
route
add-pois-to-areas
family-id=639
family-name=OSM_PHIL
overview-mapname=40000001
series-name=OSM_PHIL
description=OSM_PHIL
generate-sea=polygons,extend-sea-sectors,close-gaps=1000
make-poi-index
adjust-turn-headings
drive-on-right
report-dead-ends
ignore-maxspeeds
link-pois-to-ways

- using the Where to - Address - working!
- I see two countries in the "Select Country" (Disputed Territory and
Ph) - what do we mean by disputed territory?
  I can search for streets under the "Disputed Category" but not in "Ph"

I'm using the default style for now.  Will report back using my own
style.  Great work!

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 4:45 AM, Chris66 <chris66nrw at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 12.02.2011 15:08, schrieb Henning Scholland:
>
>>> Now when I find for addresses on my Legend HCX, I can choose
>>> between region "Deutschland" and region "Germany".
>>> [...]
>>> I used location-autofill=1 and
>>> --country-name=germany
>>> --country-abbr=DE
>>> --area-name=DE
>
> when I change this to
>  --country-name=Deutschland
>  --country-abbr=DEU
>  --area-name=DEU
> then only region "Deutschland" is available and this is choosen
> automatically in the address-find page.
>
>>> For region Deutschland I have to enter "LÜ" to find
>>> cities starting with "Lü" but for Region Germany I
>>> have to enter "LU" to find cities starting with "Lü".
>
>> did you use --code-page//=1252? This should fix the problem with
>> umlauts.
>
> I used -latin1 but when I change to codepage/charset 1252 there is no
> difference.
>
> So, searching cities with "LÜ" now gives:
>
>  Lünen, Kreis Unna
>  Lünen-Süd, DEU
>
> and looking for "LU" gives:
>
>  Lüdinghausen, Kreis Coesfeld
>  Lünen, Kreis Unna
>  Lünen-Süd, DEU
>
> Very funny.
>
> Another question:
>
> Searching for housenumbers is not yet possible?
>
> Chris

cheers,
maning